Sunday, September 8, 2013

Crayons


Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.  ~Pablo Picasso
Sometimes I want to turn back the clock, and go back where my life was care free.

Where I didn't have to worry about anything.

Where the only pain I felt was the one that I caused myself, because of doing something stupid.

Where the only thing I worried about is being in the moment, and having fun.

 Where, I was friends with everyone and everything.

Where, I could come up with amazing things using only my imagination.

Where, I didn’t care about being the best, I want to go back to enjoying my life.

I want to go back to the time where I loved life.

I want to go back to the time, and use crayons to draw anything I want, trees, houses, and other pointless things.

I want to go back to not caring about how I look, not caring about everything being perfect.

I just want to go back in time, and tell myself that being a grown up isn’t as fun as it looks like.

I want to tell myself to not hurry, and enjoy being a child.

I will tell myself that when you grow up, you start to worry about pointless things.

That when, you grow up you start having bad days.

It’s not that I heat being a grown up, is that I just want to enjoy being a child for just a little bit longer.

So to every child out there, don’t you dare say that you want to be a grown up. Because soon it will all end, and the only thing you will be left with is regret and wishing that you could turn back the clock. Like I am wishing now, but wishes don’t always come true.
Maybe we should develop a Crayola bomb as our next secret weapon.  A happiness weapon.  A beauty bomb.  And every time a crisis developed, we would launch one.  It would explode high in the air - explode softly - and send thousands, millions, of little parachutes into the air.  Floating down to earth - boxes of Crayola's.  And we wouldn't go cheap, either - not little boxes of eight.  Boxes of sixty-four, with the sharpener built right in.  With silver and gold and copper, magenta and peach and lime, amber and umber and all the rest.  And people would smile and get a little funny look on their faces and cover the world with imagination.  ~Robert Fulghum

6 comments:

  1. "It’s not that I heat being a grown up, is that I just want to enjoy being a child for just a little bit longer."
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so good. Love this.

    "Like I am wishing now, but wishes don’t always come true."

    I also love the quotes you put with it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " A happiness weapon. A beauty bomb."
    Cool
    #Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously need to finish reading all your posts. . .
    And that last picture is fantastic!
    Grand Slam.

    ReplyDelete