Sunday, September 22, 2013

Brick Wall





 
Indestructible

Protective

Tall

These are the words to describe the brick wall.

The same brick wall that I build around my heart to protect myself from pain.

I don’t like to feel pain.

I hate crying.

So I keep this wall, the wall that keeps harsh words away from me.

That keeps my heart from getting stomped on.

From being shattered to pieces.

From being ripped and destroyed.

I don’t let people come close to me.

This wall helps to keep them away.

Only if you prove to me that you will not hurt me.

Then maybe I will let you in.

I know that this sounds harsh.

But I’ve learned you can’t really trust anyone these days.

They all portend to love you, so they can get close to you.

Then when they are close enough they break you and leave you.

No it’s not like I think that everyone will hurt me.

Is that I want to be ready for when it will happen.

Maybe there will come a day where I will break this wall down.

Where, I start trusting people again.

But it’s not today.
I don’t think it’s going to be any time soon.

3 comments:

  1. same here friend...
    same here.

    i really liked this. thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Then when they are close enough they break you and leave you."

    Wow. Describing my exact situation. I need more of a brick wall like yours....

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Is that I want to be ready for when it will happen." #stolen

    So much I can relate too. So many walls

    ReplyDelete