Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thank You!


You abandoned me as a child,

You never gave me a chance.

You never loved me like a mother should have.

I spent every night, thinking of what I did wrong!

Thinking of things that I did too make you leave.

I have always blamed myself for your mistakes.

I thought I was a mistake, that I didn’t belong here.

Every time I looked in the mirror, I saw your reflection.

It was telling me that I will never be good enough.

I guess you were right.

I have been rejected, hurt and broken.

I became unfixable.

Until, they came.

They fixed me; they showed me what love was.

They made me feel like I was important.

Like, I could be cared for.

I also learned that your mistakes weren’t mine.

There was nothing I could have done to stop you.

I finally learned how to let go.

I learned what fogginess was.

Then I did one thing that I tough was impossible.

I forgave you, and I felt good.

So I am grateful for what you did.

And all is left to say now is  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. "Every time I look in the mirror, I saw your reflection."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fetch man! This is deep, and fantastic! Even better than a ton others I've read that are like this. I like how it ends, and how it paints a vivid type of story in my head. It's like a vine movie (so... 90minutes down to 30 seconds. Cool!)
    Grand Slam!

    ReplyDelete